Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quick Update


I am in Xai Xai again today. It's disgustingly hot and I have not had power for 2 1/2 days so no cold drinks...and the food in my fridge is spoiling as we speak. Ah, oh well. Things are still good in Chongoene as I get to know the town and the people in the town better. I'm going to make this post short and try to upload some pictures now that I finally got them on my camera!

This is the secondary school in Namaacha where we had training and model school.
The Indian Ocean and a pretty boat in Bilene where we went for a weekend getaway.
Me in Bilene!
At the top of a mountain that we climbed in Namaacha. This rock pile is the spot where the borders of Mozambique, South Africa, and Swaziland meet.
My host family's house in Namaacha.

Some of the kids in my family and my neighborhood in Namaacha.


This is the new school that I will be teaching at in Chongoene.
This is the front of my house where I live in Chongoene.
This is the lovely view from the back of my house where I sit on the veranda.
This is the back of my house in Chongoene.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, absolutely love the photos - keep posting! There are little tid bits in your blog that we haven't talked about on the phone - i.e. the birthday song - so cool! Keep writing - thanks for the text, glad you have electricity back. Love, Mom

PJ said...

Michelle, I've bookmarked your blog so I can follow your amazing adventures. I loved the pics and look forward to more. I get to travel in Africa from the comfort of my laptop! When do you start teaching?

Patty

Marty said...

Hi Michelle! Maybe I've missed a few things, but what is a capulana? I tried my dictionary, but it had no results. I love reading your blog, so keep it up. I still think of you as one of "my girls" from Costa Rica, and love following the boring lives you've chosen!

Unknown said...

michelle i lovee the pictures! especially the one with you in it. You look so comfortable there. That water is amazing!

INVEST WITH $200 AND GET A RETURNS OF $2,000 said...

Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

Email: investmoneyoilgas@gmail.com