Thursday, November 18, 2010

Site Placement!

Hi all! I got my site placement today! I will be in a small village called Chongoene in Gaza Province. I am replacing a previous volunteer which is nice because I have a house that is already furnished. It is a three room house with two bedrooms and a kitchen/living room I guess?? It sounds like a pretty small town, but I am only 17K from a popular beach town called Xai-Xai which has a lot of resources. My house will have electricity (most of the time), but no running water or internet or anything. I am slated to teach chemistry and computer technology. The volunteer before me taught 11th and 12th grade chem so it's possible that I'll be teaching that too. I also live right at my school so it seems like it might be a bit safer. I am very excited about my site as of now, however I am veryyyy far away from some of my good friends here.

This weekend we have a 3 day weekend and I am going to a beach town called Bilene with a bunch of other volunteers. Our plan is to lay on the beach and relax! We leave at 5:30 tomorrow morning and the trip should take about 4-5 hours. I'll update when I get back. It's always great to hear from everyone!


1 comment:

Patty Crothers said...

Michelle, we love that placement! Close to the beach sounds good to us, and looks like Sarah will be able to join us for our first visit in July 2011! Can't wait for your photos when you get your other luggage. Love you, Mom.